Cooking Instructions for Mary's Happy Belly Dumplings
By Mary's Happy Belly
* Mary recommends the steaming or panfry method for the mushroom or shrimp dumplings
- Place the frozen dumplings in a pot of boiling water. Gently stir the dumplings to prevent them from sticking to the pot.
- Cook until the dumplings float to the surface (about 5 minutes). Turn to medium heat and cook for another 3 minutes or until done.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Line a steamer basket with parchment paper squares, cheesecloth or cabbage/lettuce leaves.
- Add the frozen dumplings in the steamer basket. Cover the steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes or until done.
- Using a non-stick pan, add enough vegetable oil (or similar oil) to thinly coat the pan. Turn on medium-high heat. Place the frozen dumplings into the frying pan with the flat side of the dumplings down on the pan. Ensure the dumplings are spaced out.
- Add cold water until it reaches about ¼ of the dumplings height. Cover the pan and cook on high heat until all the water has evaporated.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the dumpling bottoms are golden brown. Add more vegetable oil as needed.
The dumplings do not need to be defrosted.
Product must be cooked to an internal temperature of 74 °C (165 °F) for the meat and shrimp dumplings. The veggie dumplings will cook faster.
Eat Mary’s Happy Belly dumplings with our signature chili oil, or your favourite dipping sauce or soup.